While in China, our students met with a variety of domestic and international companies. Most visits included a presentation led by representatives from that company, a tour of their facilities, and a time for discussion.
- JC Penney (http://www.jcpenney.com/): American mid-range department stores. International Buying Office Operation, Hong Kong. Winnie Man – Regional Human Resources Manager. Conrad Chan – Regional Operating Manager.
- Ocean Park (http://www.oceanpark.com.hk/html/en/home/): Marine mammal-park, oceanarium, animal theme park and amusement park. Corporation at Theme Park, Hong Kong. Paul Pei – Executive Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/home/index.jsp): Fortune 500 American corporation in the sporting goods and retail industries. Global Sourcing Office, Hong Kong. Andrew Polins – Vice President Global Sourcing & Assistant Managing Director.
- Fossil (http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HomeView?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=25005&N=0): American designer and manufacturer of clothing and accessories, primarily watches and jewelry, but also sunglasses, wallets, handbags, belts, shoes and clothing. Asia Pacific Office, Hong Kong. Randy Belcher – Executive Vice President Asia Pacific
- Wal-Mart Headquarter with Sam’s Club (http://www.walmart.com/): American multinational retail corporation that runs chains of large discount department stores and warehouse stores. Headquarters, Shenzhen. Sharon – Senior Director of Talent Acquisition. Lesley – Senior Vice President of Supply Chain. Valerie – Project Director of Sam’s China. Lily – Senior Director of Hypermarket Merchandising Operations. Suejane – Senior Marketing Director. Patty – Vice President of Strategy
- Umbra (http://www.umbra.com/ustore/home.site): Toronto-based designer and manufacturer of houseware. Anbo Home Goods, Luohu Branch, Shenzhen. Henry Huang – Product Development Manager. Max Li – General Manager.
- Brown Shoe (http://www.brownshoe.com/): Footwear company that owns a variety of footwear brands. Dongguan Leeway Footwear Company. Harlan Chang – Vice President and Talent Management.
- Chimelong Hotel (http://www.chimelong.com/enpark/): Largest amusement park in China. International Business Department, Guangzhou. Tony Sze – Group Senior Consultant.
- Starwood (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/): One of the world’s largest hotel companies, it owns, operates, franchises and manages hotels, resorts, spas, residences, and vacation ownership properties under its nine owned brands. Guest speaker in class prior to trip. Michael English – Vice President, Customer Contact Centers & Electronic Distribution. Customer Contact Center Asia Pacific, Guangzhou. Patricia Neo – Vice President. Patrick Wu – Site Director.
- Young & Rubicam Advertising (http://www.yr.com/): Marketing and communications company specializing in advertising, digital and social media, sales promotion, direct marketing and brand identity consulting. Shun Tak Business Center, Shanghai. Mindy Guan – Business Development Director. Kaco Zhang – Planner.
- Costa Coffee (http://www.costa.co.uk/): British multinational coffeehouse company headquartered in Dunstable, United Kingdom. Shop at the Bund, Shanghai. Paul Smith – Managing Director Asia.
- Toys-R-Us (http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=2255956): China Office, Shanghai. Mark Murphy – China Managing Director & Senior Vice President. Henry Shek – General Manager of Finance & Administration. Lydia – Human Resources & Training. Steven – Property Development & Expansion Plan. Kirsten & Belinda – Merchandising. Lily – Marketing.
- Outback Steakhouse (http://www.outback.com/): American dining restaurant chain with over 1200 locations in 22 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Restaurant, Shanghai. Julie Hauser-Blanner – Vice President of Operations International. Alvin Fung – Operating Partner. Johnsen Zhang – Managing Partner.
- Mark Fairwhale (http://www.markfairwhale.com/): Men’s clothing lead by designer, Mr. Mark Cheung; each letter in Fairwhale represents Fly, Amenity, Intelligence, Responsibility, Will, Harmony, Adolescent, Love, and Envision. Store, Shanghai. Chai Kim Fatt – General Manager, International Business Development.
- C&A (http://www.c-and-a.com/uk/en/corporate/fashion/): International Dutch chain of fashion retail clothing stores. China Office, Shanghai. Gijs ten Bosch – Chief Financial Officer.
- Attorneys: Shanghai. Pam Giss, Steve Fieldman.
- Commodity Market (http://en.yiwugou.com/): Largest commodity wholesale market in the world.
- Commercial Real-Estate: Hunan Hotel, Beijing. John Wu.
- Lenovo (http://www.lenovo.com/us/en/): Chinese multinational technology firm. Headquarters, Beijing. Koko Lan – Senior Corporate Communications Generalist.
- 360 Buy/JD.com (http://www.jd.com/): Chinese electronic commerce company; it is the largest B2C online retailer in China. Headquarters, Beijing. Mark Li – VP Engineering.
- Hyundai (https://www.hyundaiusa.com/): Multinational chaebol headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Beijing Hyundai Motor Company. John Liu – Public Relations Section.
- Perry Ellis (http://www.perryellis.com/): International clothing company that includes a portfolio of brands distributed through multiple channels. Perry Ellis International, Beijing. Chen Deying – Chief Representation of China.
- Olympic Xin Ao Group: Beijing, Olympic Park.
- Government Office: Beijing. Dr. Yingqi Xia – Chairman, Beijing Expert Association & Former Executive Deputy Director of Zhong Guan Cun Science Park.